Till now I have covered how to use Google Analytics in General and particularly as the Keyword Research Tool along with Google Adwords External Keyword Research Tool. There are Few things that we need to keep in mind before we proceed further with a Video Screencast about Registering a domain to receive data with Google Analytics. Before that we need to review the articles I have wrote about Analytics till now. They can provide a good start for the keyword research and utilizing free resources available from google to optimize your website or blog for few keywords. Three articles you should refer before proceeding any further this point are:
- Google Analytics and Keyword Research Introduction – Part One
- Indepth Keyword Research using Google Analytics – Part Two
- Google Analytics, Keyword Research and Showdown – Part Three
All these three articles are available as single downloadable PDF file for your offline and future references. PDF can be downloaded here: Google Analytics Digest for Keyword Research
Before we proceed with a screencast we need to clear few things about this in brief and need to review everything once.
- Most of the webmasters are using Google Analytics for collection of Statistics
- You can also do a bit of keyword research with the help of analytics
- One the right hand side it is located under Traffic Sources -> Keywords
- It can be viewed in various predefined formats or you can create your custom filters also to view and organize data and statistics within Google Analytics
- Can verify if for the keywords listed there you are on the first page of google or not. It can be done in two ways. Using a search engines (manually) or using Adwords keywords tool
- You can use and test the keywords and keywords suggestions provided by adwords along with proper anchor test and data available through Google Analytics
- Once you start using it you realize how easy and valuable it is for your small website or a blog
- You can start optimizing those keywords with proper “anchor text” to get listed on the first page of google for the keywords of your choice by doing bit of research and analysis
Next time I am going to show you a little Video Screencast Tutorial about registering and using google analytics for your benefit as a small website owner or a blogger. Until than keep learning SEO tricks and help us spread the word.