There are few charismatic and simple tricks that you can use to write very attractive and magnetic blog titles for your small or moderate traffic blogs or websites. Better blog titles are very important also from the Search Engine Optimization (SEO) point of view and can gain you some respect in Blogging community. There are few things that one should keep in mind before making decisions about including phrases and keywords into Blog titles. It should cajole users and readers and should gently persuade them to read the blog entry by just having a glance at your blog title.
Why and Does it really matter??
Internet has changed the way we look at things now. Titles and captions are no different as long as this change is concerned and undergone various changes and improvements after new media. Web 2.0 is going to change it for better only. Titles are not as long as they used to be before the online media was in existence. Now short is simple as a rule in most cases as blog titles are used by many sources including search engines. Most commonly they appear in following:
- Search Engine Results and Suggestions including Google, Yahoo, Bing and Ask
- Blog Search Engines and Blog Directory Services
- RSS and ATOM Feeds other Feed services like Feedburner
- Links, Pings and Comments from other fellow bloggers
- Social media and social networking websites like Orkut, Facebook and Hi5
- On your systems internal pages including Archives, Blogs, Tags and Search Pages
- Google News results and various other news search engines
- Easy to list using URL shortners
So peaking up the right title is not only necessary but a very important condition in your blog’s success in social media and public bookmarking services like Digg, Delicious and Technorati. There are few things that you can avoid while writing a title for your blog post. The most important thing is not to use vulgar slang or informal words and phrases and offensive words as a title of your blog. Creating controversy is not good but healthy debate is always welcomed by most of the readers and users who leave comments to your blog and help you indirectly with your unique content.
You can create that “This is So Important” feeling with your blog Title that may help you in positive way. You are giving some information that is new to your readers or just some updates from your niche or area of expertise. If you constantly deliver news before the world knows it you are going to get more targeted traffic, and Good Blog Titles are going to help you immensely here. Free I’s of good blog titles are (i) Insightful (ii) Intensive and (iii) Instructive that may hook your readers to reading further or clicking on that RSS feeder link that he or she has subscribed to your blog.
Goals and Importance of a good Blog Title:
- Make it easier for your readers to get and idea about the topic you are going to discuss
- Make it easier for search engines to help people find your article who are searching for a particular topic on a Search Engine like Google, Yahoo or Bing
- Make it simple so that people can easily manage and bookmark your blog post
- Make it descriptive and yet short as possible to remember easily
Minor changes and you have more responsive blog titles or headlines that help you generate more traffic for your blog both via RSS feeds and direct traffic as well as through search engines as they help it understand your content better.
Have your say on “Importance of a Blog Title or Headline”